We are proud to be part of a wonderful community
Shippensburg Community Fair
Celebrate 64 years of community and agriculture at the annual Shippensburg Community Fair, July 26-31, 2021. This will be a fair that you won't want to miss!
Let the Shippensburg Community Fair be your local travel destination this July. Experience the music, food, agriculture, exhibits and more that only come from our community!
Franklin County 4-H
Why should youth join 4-H?
- Children learn life-long skills and ideas as they “learn by doing”.
- Opportunities to meet numerous new children and adults in the community, county, state, and even the nation.
- Enhance leadership skills, communication skills, and learn responsibility.
- Explore creative ideas and learn to work individually and as part of a team.
- Learn and grow in subjects that are of interest
Franklin County 4-H Therapeutic Riding Center
For 34 years, Franklin County 4-H Therapeutic Riding Center has provided a unique and valuable service to youth and adults with special needs. Belle, the beautiful Belgian featured on some of the Burnt Mill web pages, works at the riding center.
The program offers year-round therapeutic horsemanship activities at an affordable price. The center is wheelchair accessible, and boasts one indoor and two outdoor arenas, pastures and a sensory trail. Weekly therapeutic horseback riding and carriage driving lessons are offered to about 70 students and the center maintains a waiting list.
In addition to the Facebook link above, see the PennState Extension 4-H Horse Club web page.
Student members are engaged in a wide range of agricultural education activities, leading to over 300 career opportunities in the agricultural science, food, fiber and natural resources industry. Student success remains the primary mission of FFA.
FFA members are encouraged to participate in career and leadership development events. Members decide and direct the activities of their own chapter. They hold positions of leadership and conduct all activities. The success or failure of chapter activities and programs rests with the membership.
Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter
The Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter is an independent, non-profit, community-supported animal shelter that provides humane services for animals in need. Values:
- Provide shelter to stray and otherwise homeless pets and minimize their stress, protecting them from the elements and providing a place of safety and comfort
- Act as the contact agency in our service area to assure the safe and speedy return of lost pets to their owners
- Place adoptable pets with responsible owners
- Aid in the prevention of cruelty and neglect to animals through educational efforts and legal citations as necessary
- Promote responsible pet ownership through humane education initiatives
- Work to reduce uncontrolled animal breeding
Better Days Animal League
Our Vision: Determined to prevent abuse and neglect through education on the proper and responsible care of animals. Devoted to raising public awareness on the importance of spaying and neutering to limit unwanted animals. Driven to create a healthier and kinder community for humans and animals alike. Dutiful in the encouragement of kindness toward all animals.
Boy Scouts of America
Some girls and boys avoid obstacles. Scouts overcome them. The life lessons learned in Scouting form a foundation to embrace opportunity and overcome obstacles in life. Scouting provides
- A fun and safe environment to learn and grow while developing interests and skills
- Character building and development centered around good morals and values
- The chance to learn life skills that help Scouts be successful adults and contributing members of society
- Exciting outdoor experiences boys love like hiking, camping, mountain biking, and more
Franklin County - Dog License
Pennsylvania state law requires any dog 3 months or older to have a current dog license. Dog licenses are valid from January 1st to December 31st. This Franklin County Dog License web page provides helpful information, including how to apply for a lifetime license for a dog with a microchip.